Couldn’t get enough beauty-in-culture reading this week? Never fear, we curated some more!
- A reminder of the risks of certain beauty habits being practiced both 1000’s of miles away and close to home
- French beauty, Emmanuelle Beart, launches campaign against plastic surgery as a result of her own botched surgery
- An interesting perspective on the craziness we go through for beauty. The author doesn’t think appreciation of beauty is a problem, just the limiting beauty standards that current society holds
- New wave of activists challenge society’s notions of beauty in the form of a documentary: Miss Representation
- That’s right, fashion doesn’t have to mean vulgar and vain. In Africa it’s being used as an aid in economic development!
Any more stories to add? Comment or tweet us @beautyskew