Warning: This is not your typical Beautyskew post :).
I’m taking a leap. For those of you who follow my posts, you know that I share my thoughts in written form. Well, for the first time, I’m going to leverage the camera for the next, few upcoming posts. And even better, I’m going to bring in other points of view regarding beauty in culture! Specifically, I’m going to be interviewing some of the coolest, smartest and most innovative ladies in the wearable tech space.
This weekend, I have the privilege of speaking on a panel at the NRF about my work on social media. But, honestly, what I’m truly excited about is that same Sunday (January 15th) and Tuesday, January 17th, I will be interviewing the following amazing women:
1.Neha Signh @ObsessVR: Founder and CEO of Obsess; former Head of Product at Vogue
2. Monica Phromsavanh @MyModaBox: Founder of Modabox; former Burberry, Limelight Shops
3.Heidi Lehmann Founder SWSI @HeidiLehmann: Producer Fashion Geeks
4. Dr. Amanda Parkes Chief Technologist Manufacture NY & Visiting Scientist MIT @amandajparkes: Host Fashion Geeks
5. Dolly Singh: Thesis Couture founder
6. Alison Lewis: founder Switch Embassy
7. Christina D’Avignon @getringly: Ringly founder
8. Jackie Trebilcock: founder I NY FASHION TECH LAB @NYTFlab
9. Karen Moon: Co-Founder Trendalytics; Former Gap, Goldman Sachs&Co
10.Veronika Harbick: founder @ThursdayFinest 3D Printer
11. Robin Raskin: CES Founder Living In Digital Times @robinr – shares FashionTech trends hot off the #CES17 Showroom Floor
And what’s even better? I get to cohost with my amazing and fun buddies:
1. James Eschricht from ESPN @JcreativESPN
2.Valerie De La Rosa from CONDE NAST @VDLR
What a line up!?
We will be discussing these women’s amazing journeys, their products — from hi tech shoes (which I will be wearing!) to 3D printed scarves, their opinions on the merging to technology, fashion and culture.
I have to admit, I’m a bit nervous. I’ve never done anything like this before. But what’s a better way to kick 2017 then by diving knee deep into some new, scary terrain?
If you can join in person, please do. Here is the full agenda at the NRFiLab. Otherwise, hang on for when we stream via Beautyskew.
I can’t wait!